7 Key Pieces
Connecting the Old & New Testament
The Old Testament is symbolic of the better covenant in the New Testament made possible through Jesus. In summary:
Puzzle Piece 1: LIFE
- Adam gave us a physical life of mortality.
- JESUS gives us a spiritual life of immortality.
Puzzle Piece 2: CLEANSED
- Noah’s flood cleansed the earth of evil.
- JESUS’ baptism cleanses our hearts of evil.
Puzzle Piece 3: NATION
- Abraham birthed a nation of Israelites.
- JESUS birthed a nation of Christians.
Puzzle Piece 4: FREEDOM
- Moses led the Israelites to freedom from slavery.
- JESUS leads Christians to freedom from sin.
Puzzle Piece 5: COVENANT
- Moses gave the Israelites a covenant of law.
- JESUS gives Christians a covenant of love.
Puzzle Piece 6: LEADERS
- Judges & Kings were leaders of an earthly kingdom.
- JESUS’ disciples are leaders of a Heavenly Kingdom.
Puzzle Piece 7: VICTORY
- The Israelites had temporary victory.
- JESUS gives Christians eternal victory.